Applications to attend the CRESMI Workshop are now closed.
The workshop offers equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate on the basis of socio-economic background, gender or disability.
1) You are an Early Career Researcher who has:
i-been awarded your PhD not more than 10 years prior to the workshop/or to have equivalent experience) *
ii-do not hold a PhD but have research experience equivalent to a PhD holder and work in a field where a PhD is not a prerequisite for established research activity. This experience is equivalent to the ‘Recognised Researcher’ and sometimes ‘Experienced Researcher’ categories in the EU framework for researchers’ careers
2) Based in the UK or Egypt and have a research or academic position (a permanent post, research contract, or fellowship etc) at a recognised research institution either in the UK or in Egypt
3) Have a sufficient standard of English to engage fully in the discussion
*Allowances can be made for career breaks or other extenuating circumstances.
** Participants from for-profit organisations cannot be funded.
Application and selection
To take apply to be part of this workshop please fill in the online form. Applications must be submitted before the below deadline, Please note that participants are expected to attend all sessions of the workshop.
To help you prepare your application, you can access the information required here
Application Process & key dates
- EXTENDED Application deadline: Friday 30th April 2021 (11:59 UTC)
- Successful applicants informed and confirm participation in May 2021
- Workshop dates: Tuesday 1st June 2021 – Thursday 3rd June 2021
Quality Assessment Criteria for Applicants
- Experience and relevance of the applicant’s research area to the workshop
- Motivation and contribution to the aims of the workshop
- Description of the long-term impact expected through the participation in the workshop
- Ability to disseminate workshop’s outcomes