About the Workshop
The Climate Resilience of Micro, Small and Medium Industrial Workplaces in Egypt workshop brought together 30 participants from the UK and Egypt in a collaborative virtual learning environment. Participants were guided by experts on ways to address the challenge of retrofitting Egypt’s MSM industrial workplaces to mitigate the impacts of climate change and create a healthy environment for workers.
Participants were able to:
- Have the opportunity to be part of an international collaboration between participants from different countries and disciplines.
- Gain a deeper understanding of global challenges and sustainable development goals
- Contribute to co-production and networking activities.
- Access an opportunity to apply for further funding to undertake collaborative research with international partners.
Workshop Highlights & Presentations
The workshop took place between 1st-3rd June 2021 in a virtual interactive format with presentations, panel discussions and networking. The full programme for the workshop can be found here
Workshop presentations included:
Day 1: Context Setting
- Workshop Introduction Read more
- Keynote Presentations Read more
- Mentor Presentations :
– Dr N.Zimmerman
– Prof H.Khalil
– Prof B. Kamel
– Prof R. Gupta
Day 3: Pathways & Outcomes
The CRESMI stakeholder panel:
As part of the workshop programme, a dedicated stakeholder session that included policy makers, representatives from NGOs groups active in the economic development & energy efficiency, industry & employer groups took place. Our panel member included:
- Dr Walid Darwish Head of environment department at Micro, Small & Medium Enterprise Development Agency-MSMEDA Read more
- Karim Elgendy Sustainable City Strategist – RIBA Chartered Architect -Chatham House Associate Fellow – Founder of Carboun Read more
- Ahmed M. Rezk Deputy UNIDO Representative-Regional Hub in Egypt Read more
- Nihal Said Head of Kemet for Natural Food